Bonny Joy, Analyst at Strategy Analytics, added, "300 million cellular handsets were shipped worldwide in Q4 2006, up a healthy 22 percent year-on-year. Nokia and Motorola continued to dominate volumes, but it was Sony Ericsson who shone brightest. Growth, volumes, revenues and total profits are all at their highest ever levels for the Japanese-Swedish firm."
Other findings from Strategy Analytics’ Q4 2006 Global Handset Market Share Update report include:
– In Dollar revenue terms, Sony Ericsson (US$4.9 billion) became the world’s third largest handset vendor, overtaking Samsung (US$4.6 billion) for the first time;
– Strategy Analytics forecasts 12 percent shipment growth during 2007, for 1.14 billion units. Emerging markets, notably India and Africa, will continue to be the main engines for volume, but not profit, growth.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013