The number of 3.5G mobile broadband subscribers worldwide will boom more than tenfold, from 2.5m in 2006 to more than 300m in 2011, according to Informa Telecoms & Media.
The lack of a wide range of “compelling” handsets will slow mass-market take-up of 3.5G in 2006-07, but that will improve in 2008. By 2011, Informa says, 85% of 3.5G devices sold will be handsets; the remaining 15% will be notebooks and PC cards.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013
- Imago Adds Single Chip DLP Projectors to Barco Deal - June 13, 2013