Mobile data services testing company Argogroup compared the services provided by all five UK operators during that match; T Mobile – official sponsor or the tournament – was fastest to deliver its text update, delivering the news in just over three minutes, but 3 was able to push out an edited, high quality 10 second video clip of Beckham’s free kick in half the time.
3 scores in World Cup coverage
In a comparative test of operators’ World Cup alerting services during England’s first game against Paraguay, 3 provided the cheapest SMS-based service, was competitive in terms of speed of delivery, and was the only one to deliver a video clip of the David Beckham free kick that ended in a Paraguay own goal.
The following two tabs change content below.
Most Popular General Features
- Meeting needs
- The winning formula
- This is a test
- How Diverse is your company?
- Voda gives alerts to WIN
- Tenth anniversary of the Palm Pilot
- On the way soon?
- We are… Daisy
- On the horizon
- Vodafone centralises logistics
- Intel anticipates a twin-mobile future for us all
- HTC goes public
- Service providers are fighting back against complexity
- Can we change from fixed to variable service supply chain co...
- Table Stakes for Self-Service
- Could Do Better!
- Cunning as a fox
- Keeping People Happy
- The Gender Pay Gap
- The Special Services Mindset