absenteeism that are entered into the school’s e-register. A video conferencing solution has also been implemented for students to participate in distance learning courses, a facility to which they previously didn’t have access. The Mitel 5550 IP Console, a desktop administration application, is being used by reception staff to minimise call waiting times and increase call handling volumes through call status, prompts and message taking functions.
“The Blandford School went through a rigorous assessment of the market, looking at all the key players in IP telephony,” commented Matt Cross, consultant, ATC Sterry. “Ultimately the decision to go with Mitel came down to the robust, feature-rich and scalable technology; a reduction of upfront and ongoing costs; and its seamless integration with HP and Canon network infrastructure.”
be dramatically reduced by avoiding phone cabling costs and simplifying set up and configuration.”
As the school expands, new phones and computers can be added to the network simply and quickly. With its old analogue system, configuration changes were time consuming and manual thus the IT team has freed up its time to focus on more critical tasks.
Building For The Future
The following two tabs change content below.
Most Popular Features
- Meeting public sector needs
- Unlocking cybersecurity
- Sizzling sales
- Time for cloud telephony to shine
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Explained
- B2B ISPs
- Openreach fires the starting gun on phasing out legacy analo...
- Mobile Inflection Points
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- Construction Products Regulation – Cables
- ISDN vs. SIP – No Contest?
- Where is our mobile TV?
- Global Village
- Merging technology – UC & CC
- Managed Service Providers: a model opportunity?
- On the horizon
- 3 Signs International Deal for MSN Messenger & Hotmail
- Make mine MOBILE MUSIC
- Mainline announces Hong Kong Incentive
- Evolving customer propositions