absenteeism that are entered into the school’s e-register. A video conferencing solution has also been implemented for students to participate in distance learning courses, a facility to which they previously didn’t have access. The Mitel 5550 IP Console, a desktop administration application, is being used by reception staff to minimise call waiting times and increase call handling volumes through call status, prompts and message taking functions.
“The Blandford School went through a rigorous assessment of the market, looking at all the key players in IP telephony,” commented Matt Cross, consultant, ATC Sterry. “Ultimately the decision to go with Mitel came down to the robust, feature-rich and scalable technology; a reduction of upfront and ongoing costs; and its seamless integration with HP and Canon network infrastructure.”
be dramatically reduced by avoiding phone cabling costs and simplifying set up and configuration.”
As the school expands, new phones and computers can be added to the network simply and quickly. With its old analogue system, configuration changes were time consuming and manual thus the IT team has freed up its time to focus on more critical tasks.
Building For The Future
The following two tabs change content below.
Most Popular Features
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Explained
- Shifting from hype to reality
- 5G – managing costs and driving success
- FTTP: The ONLY answer to Digital Britain?
- Powering mobile connectivity
- The country needs full ﬁbre
- SD-WAN hits the Channel – Open Systems
- Time to profit from full ﬁbre opportunities
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- Hazards of setting up Wi-Fi in the workplace
- NGCS – 3 things to watch out for
- Taking a partner-centric approach
- New opportunities in hosted
- ORMEROD DEPARTS DEXTRA, MORE INTEGRATION WITH 20:20 ON THE C...
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- Information is King – Knowledge is Power
- “Workers can even be more productive at home”: V...
- 5G – What is it good for?
- ISDN vs. SIP – No Contest?
- Caudwell Group Sells for £1.5bn