Nomination – "Efficient, reliable and knowledgeable, Matt is always prepared to help resolve any queries. We have received no end of help from Matt over the course of our dealings with Fone Logistics …"Jason Fernyhough
- 1.How long have you worked for Avenir? Just over two years.
- 2.What was your first paid employment? A paper round whenI was at school.
- 3.What made you move into the mobile phone industry? A good friend was running a mobile phone shop and asked me to go and work with him. I was unhappy with my job at the time so I did.
- 4.What is the best aspect about your job? Getting out and about meeting people and not being stuck in an office.
- 5.What is the worst aspect? Traffic, traffic and traffic!
- 6.What is the best sales incentive you have ever won? Either a trip to Texas or one to New York.
- 7.If you could suggest an incentive what would it be? A week of marlin fishing and diving of the coast of Mexico. Why? Because I’d like
- to go!
- 8.What do you like most about the mobile industry? The ever-changing fast pace of it.
- 9.What do you like least? Commercial changes from the networks with little or no warning.
- 10.If you could change anything about the industry what would it be?
- 11.If you could design a mobile handset what functions would it have? I would just repeat the design of the Nokia 6310i – as a business handset it can’t be bettered..
- 12.If you could capture any image and send as a picture message what would it be, who would you send it to, and why? No idea.
- 13.If you were a mobile phone what would you be and why?
- A Nokia 6230i. Gets the job done but it can be fun as well.
- 14.What handset do you currently use? Nokia 6230i.
- 15.If you were a ringtone, what would you be and why? No idea.
- 16.What ringtone do you currently use? Standard ‘ring ring’.
- 17.What (if any) is your favourite game played on your mobile phone? Sorry, I never play games on my mobile.
- 18.What type of music do you listen to when travelling around in the car? BBC Radio 1.
- 19.Who inspires you and why?
- Anybody who sets out with an aim and achieves that goal.
- 20.What would your dream occupation be and why? Owner of a fruit and veg stall.
- 21.And finally … What do you think about being awarded with DM of the month? It’s nice to be appreciated.
If you’ve had good service from a distributor, don’t hold back – call the editorial team at Mobile Business:
T 01895 454539
Latest posts by (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013