Research from consulting firm Mako Analysis on handset trends has come up with a clutch of forecasts for the immediate future. They include these predictions:
- Black and pink may be the favoured colours today, but more shades will be used as manufacturers seek to extend the shelf life of their product lines.
- Despite industry hype, 2006 will not be the year of HSDPA.
- Bluetooth connectivity will finally penetrate into low-end device segments, and infrared will start to be phased out.
- 3G will finally match the physical characteristics of high-end 2G handsets.
- Mobile music will form a key battleground for handset manufacturers “but the winners and losers will surprise many.”
- Camera technology will see many advances, with 5 mega pixel models emerging in 2006.
- Users are generally unwilling to sacrifice aesthetics and usability for advances in technology.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013