O2 are pitching their mobile broadband on the back of customer service. According to O2 9 out of 10 O2 Broadband customers say they would recommend it to friends or family, "that’s why O2 services – mobile, broadband or devices such as the iPhone from Apple – consistently rank No.1 in overall customer satisfaction. "
Available to all O2 customers, the O2 Mobile Broadband service offers:
· 3GB worth of included UK data usage on the O2 network & unlimited Wi-Fi every month through the 7,500 hotspots with our partner, The Cloud in the UK
· Choice of an 18-month contract or a rolling one-month contract
· 24/7 support from a UK call centre
· the ability for customers to just ‘plug in and off you go’
· Fast wireless access to the internet wherever you are
“Getting the customer experience right is crucial. We are confident our broadband services complete a great communication experience for our customers however they want to connect to the internet, whether that be at home, on their mobile phone or laptop.” said Sally Cowdry, Marketing Director, O2 UK. “Our O2 Mobile Broadband product exclusively allows O2 customers to access the internet wherever and whenever they want with clear and predictable pricing.”
Customers can choose to take out an 18-month price plan for £20 a month with a USB Modem included free of charge, or pay £20 a month for a rolling one-month package plus the one-off cost of the USB Modem (£119.99). Both price plans give customers unlimited Wi-Fi access and 3GB per month worth of inclusive UK data (on the O2 network). This should be more than enough for the vast majority of customers allowing them, for example, to download 68 music albums a month.
O2 Mobile Broadband will automatically connect customers to the fastest network available – GPRS, EDGE, 3G and HSDPA, or via the 7,500 Wi-Fi hotspots available through The Cloud.
O2’s USB Modem is complete with a colour-coded LED panel, which indicates which network is being used. Customers also have the ability to search for new Wi-Fi hotspots using O2 Connection Managers Hotspot Directory, which is updated regularly to acknowledge new locations.
Broadband speeds of up to 1.8 megabits per second, which are equivalent to or faster than the speeds most people experience today on their home broadband, will be the standard across the whole O2 network. From June, O2 will begin increasing this to up to 3.6 megabits per second across the network. Further speed increases will follow in line with technology evolution.
O2 Business Mobile Broadband launches on May 1st 2008
Latest posts by (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013