0.3mp, 2x digital zoom
Tri-band GSM, Bluetooth, IR, USB 1.1
23MB plus SD memory card slot
Standby 300 hours
Talk time 6 hours
Look and feel:
Excellent balance, wide and heavy but not overly so. Very comfortable in the hand (may be a bit big for a woman’s). Nice styling; no hard edges, quality feel.
Impressively uncluttered around the edges (rocker for volume, one soft key; 3.5mm headset jack; nifty easy-access SIM card slot; ringer on/off switch; proprietary USB/charger socket) and on the surface (five-way joypad plus six preset functions).
Full QWERTY pad on quirky bump-shaped keys. Keys are well defined, keying works surprisingly well. Good backlighting too.
Big 320×320 square touch-sensitive screen, bright and crisp, excellent colour saturation and balance.
Approx. 23MB available for storage. SD memory card slot. Processor is Intel PXA270 at 312MHz.
Only VGA, only 2x zoom, but still delivers excellent performance – sharpness suffers but copes well with variation in light conditions and colour rendering is good.
EMAIL and messaging:
Works well. Easy-to-set up support for up to eight email accounts.
View and edit Word and Excel attachments, view PowerPoint and others using DataViz apps. Outlook synchronisation.
Average call performance, but otherwise a star. User interface is good, especially for email and IM.
RealPlayer for music, non-standard 2.5mm headphone jack.
• Hand appeal, good ergonomics, overall quality of design
• The keyboard (after familiarisation)
• Amazing battery life: over 6 hours’ active use in our tests
WE DON’T LIKE:
• Modest internal memory – and no expansion memory card is included
• Price (though Orange has it for free on Racoon)
• No WiFi, no 3G
A great smartphone, especially with that battery life. Would be very
easy to sell to business if it had Windows or Symbian inside …
Latest posts by (see all)
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013
- Imago Adds Single Chip DLP Projectors to Barco Deal - June 13, 2013