Opera Mini promises faster web access because it compresses web pages by up to 80% and then reformats them using its ‘Small-Screen Rendering’ technology for display on mobile screens. Faster access translates into lower bills for anyone on a per-KB tariff. Opera Mini is available as a free download at http://mini.opera.com. More info and a list of supported phones on Opera’s main website at http://www.opera.com.
Most phones come with a built-in web browser of some kind, but they aren’t always the best-implemented software on the phone. Fortunately there are alternatives – notably Opera Mini, a free browser that runs on any phone capable of running Java mobile applications (which means just about any phone made after 2001).
The following two tabs change content below.
Most Popular Mobile Business Stories
- Trends in Mobile Distribution
- Simplifying mobile
- Carphone finally gets Hugh Symons
- Instant answers
- Nazir of Advanced Comms gets £20k fine and starves workers
- 11 years for VAT carousel fraudster
- FACTS ON MUSIC DOWNLOADS
- Idle Screen Advertising
- Orange first for super SIM
- Nokia CK-15W Bluetooth Display Car Kit
- Glasgow Man Jailed for Carousel Fraud
- JCB launch the TOUGHPHONE
- Digital (dis)content
- Official ELSPA mobile games Java download chart – April 2006...
- 08 Confusion
- What Does the Future Hold for MVNOs?
- Taking note of user demand
- O2 gets to five
- MULTIMEDIA POWER: THE ARRIVAL OF THE SUPER-SIM CARD
- LG KG800LG KG800