Press releases can be submitted at any time and we always respect embargoes as these help us plan ahead. Submissions should ideally be shared as plain text in the body of an email, with a relevant landscape image. Please note we do not accept PDF press releases.
Responses to our forward features should be submitted to the editor by the deadline shown. Submissions must be attributed to a spokesperson and we advise that the below synopses and questions are just a starting point – the final direction of every feature will be guided by the input we receive.
As such, it’s always worth sharing any additional thoughts that are relevant to the topic, but might not fit into any of the specific questions provided. Similarly, do not feel you must answer every question – pick and choose those that are relevant to you and your company.
All features will include thoughts from various stakeholders and are written by the Comms Business editorial team. As such, please do not send opinion pieces in response to our forward features as they are unlikely to be used.
Editorial input is considered based on the merit of the submission alone and is independent of all advertising or event spend with Comms Business or any of its related publications. This is not negotiable.
Further information on how to get your stories featured in Comms Business can be found here.
Please do get in touch with any questions.
Submit to: email@example.com
Deadline: 16:00 BST Tuesday 31st May 2022
Adding value with Microsoft
The channel thrives on taking a product and adding wraparound services, and Microsoft products provide fertile ground for this. This feature will provide resellers and MSPs with advice on how they can add value with Microsoft, as well as areas where partners can most benefit from the Microsoft portfolio.
We will ask:
- What big opportunities remain with the Microsoft portfolio?
- What innovative services have UK channel companies built around Microsoft products?
- How important is it to attain Microsoft certifications?
- Case studies of channel projects involving Microsoft products.
- The Microsoft Partner Network was recently revamped and renamed the Microsoft Cloud Partner Program. What does this mean for channel partners?
This feature will examine the opportunities around SD-WAN, how these networks are being used across the UK, and the role the Channel is playing in helping organisations adopt SD-WAN.
We will ask:
- Who are the main SD-WAN players in the UK channel?
- How is SD-WAN adoption progressing in the UK?
- What use cases does SD-WAN fit?
- How are SD-WAN technologies evolving?
- Case studies of SD-WAN deployments involving channel companies.
Hardware and its place in the Channel ecosystem
This feature will examine where hardware fits into the Channel ecosystem at a time when software is continuing to rise. We are looking for insight from vendors, distributors and resellers/MSPs about the hardware that is in demand, and how to develop compelling hardware-based offerings.
We will ask:
- What hardware is in demand? And what hardware is in decline?
- How can resellers and MSPs develop winning hardware offerings?
- How significant are hardware recycling initiatives? Are there any opportunities for the Channel here?
- How can distributors, resellers or MSPs identify the best hardware vendors to partner with?
- What trends do you expect to dominate the hardware space in the near-term?
2022 features, supplements and focus months
|Month||Market report #1||Market report #2||Market report #3||Supplement|
|July||Adding value with Microsoft||SD-WAN||Hardware and its place in the Channel ecosystem|
|August||Master agents: The right fit for the UK?||Developing a compelling mobile offering||Learning and development|
|September||UC and collaboration||APIs||Vertical: Education||The road to full-fibre|
|October||The future of telephony||Billing and monetisation solutions||Distributors|
|November||IoT||Call and contact centres||Vertical: Transport and logistics|
|December||Preview of 2023||5G||Corporate finance: mergers, acquisitions and raising finance|
Articles in red are FOCUS MONTHS where subjects are also expanded by content and advertising on digital weekly newsletters (x 4 to 16,000+ recipients) and news stories on Comms Business website over the whole month. Extra content allows for extra exposure and involvement with these and extra digital activities to enable lead generation are at a cost. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07919 177099, or email@example.com or call 07766 081822.