Synopses for monthly features
Please submit all responses to the editor by the deadline shown. Feel free to contact us with any content questions.
All editorial will be considered based on the merit of the submission alone and is independent of all advertising or event spend with Comms Business or any of its related publications.
We do this to maintain editorial standards and integrity in order to provide our readers with the highest quality of information and expert opinion. This is not negotiable.
Submit to: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 4th March 2021
This feature will examine the cloud trends and market movements that the channel should pay attention to.
We will ask:
- Where is cloud adoption at in the UK? What impact did the pandemic have on this?
- Is there still a knowledge gap between SMBs and large enterprises?
- What opportunities does the cloud offer resellers?
- What should resellers consider when selecting a cloud partner?
- Multi-cloud, public cloud, or private cloud: is this still up for debate?
- How are cloud technologies evolving?
Enterprise UC in the SME
This feature will discuss unified communications solutions that span the SME, mid-market and enterprise sectors.
We will ask:
- Are there UC solutions that truly fit use cases spanning from a few seats into thousands?
- Are they cost effective across those user spreads?
- What does this product flexibility mean for resellers?
- Are there any benefits of tailored solutions for different sectors? Can those be mitigated in a ‘one size fits all’ solution?
SIP trunks and phones
The copper switch off is already underway, with plenty of exchanges having already stopped selling new services. This feature will examine what impact is this having on the SIP trunk and phones market.
We will ask:
- Is the copper switch off programme already having an impact?
- How resilient is SIP trunking?
- What are the benefits of SIP trunks and phones? Is there a particular feature(s) that end customers commonly consider the most important?
- What factors do end customers need to consider when researching SIP services? How can resellers help?
- What add-ons can managed service providers offer?
2021 Monthly Features
|Month||Market Report #1||Market Report #2||Market Report #3||Supplements|
|January||The cybersecurity opportunity (email, web, data, network, etc.)||Selling in 2021||Vertical: channel in… public sector|
|February||Call recording (including mobile recording)||Alternative solutions: adding to your portfolio||Diversity: why it matters|
|March||Distribution: voice, data, mobile and more||Conferencing solutions||Vertical: channel in… retail||Channel Profiles|
|April||Cloud (direction based on input)||Enterprise UC in the SME||SIP trunks and phones|
|May||Adding value with Microsoft||5G channel opportunities: do the use cases stack up?||Vertical: channel in… healthcare|
|June||Data and analytics: gaining an edge||MSPs||Mental health||IP Telephony Guide|
|July||The power of SD-WAN||Reacting to change: the collision of UC and CC||Vertical: channel in… finance and banking|
|August||Hosted and cloud-based telephony||Mobile World Congress||Connectivity (including fibre, 4G and 5G)|
|September||Collaboration||Mergers and acquisitions: raising finance||Vertical: channel in… education||The road to full-fibre|
|October||Billing services||Mobile applications and their role in digital transformation||Leasing and financing (including SaaS and DaaS)|
|November||Call and contact centres||IoT: new reseller opportunities||Vertical: channel in… manufacturing and construction|
|December||Preview of 2022||Provisioning portals||Workplace of the future|
Articles in red are COMMS BUSINESS FOCUS MONTHS (new to 2021) where subjects are also expanded by content and advertising on digital weekly newsletters (x4 to 16,000+ recipients) and news stories on Comms Business Website over the whole month. Extra content allows for extra exposure and involvement with these and extra digital activities to enable lead generation are at a cost. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07919 177099, or email@example.com or call 07766 081822.