Synopses for monthly features
Please submit all responses to the editor by the deadline shown. Feel free to contact us with any content questions.
All editorial will be considered based on the merit of the submission alone and is independent of all advertising or event spend with Comms Business or any of its related publications.
We do this to maintain editorial standards and integrity in order to provide our readers with the highest quality of information and expert opinion. This is not negotiable.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16:00 BST Thursday 7th October 2021
Call and contact centres
This feature will examine the call and contact centre solutions being used across the Channel.
We will ask:
- How are customer expectations changing when it comes to call and contact centre interactions? What does this mean for the offerings channel companies provide for their customers?
- How has the pandemic impacted on broader trends in the contact centre space? How long-lasting do you expect those shifts to be?
- What innovations are happening in the call and contact centre space? How has this progressed over the past year? What innovations are coming in 2022 and beyond?
- Is the gap between capabilities of SMB-focused and enterprise-focused solutions closing? What features are essential for any business, and what are seen as nice-to-haves?
- What should resellers and MSPs consider when choosing vendors to bring into their portfolios?
This feature will look to provide resellers and MSPs with guidance on how they can develop compelling IoT offerings.
We will ask:
- What IoT technologies are in demand?
- What sectors are using IoT? What use cases do you expect to ramp up in the years ahead?
- How can vendors support resellers and MSPs in developing compelling offerings?
- How can resellers evaluate their current portfolio? How can they spot obvious gaps?
- Case studies of IoT projects involving MSPs or resellers, and their partners.
Vertical: channel in… manufacturing and construction
This feature will look at the opportunities, challenges and market movements that are impacting partners selling into the manufacturing and construction sectors. We are looking for insight from vendors, distributors and partners that sell technologies and products to these types of businesses.
We will cover:
- How is technology changing the manufacturing and construction sector?
- What technologies are in demand right now?
- Is there anything specific about the purchasing behaviours of this sector that channel companies should be aware of?
- How can resellers successfully work with manufacturing and construction customers? Any secrets to success?
- Are there any regulations or projects the channel should be aware of?
- What trends are on the horizon?
2021 Monthly Features
|Month||Market Report #1||Market Report #2||Market Report #3||Supplements|
|January||The cybersecurity opportunity (email, web, data, network, etc.)||Selling in 2021||Vertical: channel in… public sector|
|February||Call recording (including mobile recording)||Alternative solutions: adding to your portfolio||Diversity: why it matters|
|March||Distribution: voice, data, mobile and more||Conferencing solutions||Vertical: channel in… retail||Channel Profiles|
|April||Cloud (direction based on input)||Enterprise UC in the SME||SIP trunks and phones|
|May||Adding value with Microsoft||5G channel opportunities: do the use cases stack up?||Vertical: channel in… healthcare|
|June||Data and analytics: gaining an edge||MSPs||Mental health||IP Telephony Guide|
|July||The power of SD-WAN||Reacting to change: the collision of UC and CC||Vertical: channel in… finance and banking|
|August||Hosted and cloud-based telephony||Mobile World Congress||Connectivity (including fibre, 4G and 5G)|
|September||Collaboration||Mergers and acquisitions: raising finance||Vertical: channel in… education||The road to full-fibre|
|October||Billing services||Mobile applications and their role in digital transformation||Leasing and financing (including SaaS and DaaS)|
|November||Call and contact centres||IoT: new reseller opportunities||Vertical: channel in… manufacturing and construction|
|December||Preview of 2022||Provisioning portals||Workplace of the future|
Articles in red are COMMS BUSINESS FOCUS MONTHS (new to 2021) where subjects are also expanded by content and advertising on digital weekly newsletters (x4 to 16,000+ recipients) and news stories on Comms Business Website over the whole month. Extra content allows for extra exposure and involvement with these and extra digital activities to enable lead generation are at a cost. For more information please contact email@example.com or call 07919 177099, or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07766 081822.