3Com Corp. shares rose in after-hours trading after The Wall Street Journal reported buyout firms are examining possible takeover offers for the unprofitable maker of computer-networking gear. Buyout firms such as Silver Lake Partners and Boston-based Bain Capital LLC approached 3Com about a purchase, the Journal said on its website. The two firms unsuccessfully sought last year to buy 3Com’s stake in its profitable Chinese joint venture with Huawei Technologies Co.
3Com Shares Rise after Report of Buyout Interest
The following two tabs change content below.
More News Stories...
Most Popular News Stories
- Lauren McManus to lead Gamma’s channel marketing
- DWS snaps up Giacom
- Tango Networks wins 2020 Mobile Breakthrough Award
- BT Announces New Organisational Structure
- AudPro and MyPhones team up
- BT signs deal with IDNet
- Trust Distribution acquires SOS Communications
- Masergy strengthens its SD-WAN secure solution
- Atos launches Atos OneCloud
- Kristine Olson-Chapman leaves TalkTalk Business
- Microsoft Teams widens SIP phone support
- 5G to deliver £15bn in UK economic growth
- BrightCloud launches Microsoft Teams integration for Cisco W...
- FluidOne acquires PSU Business Technology Limited
- New Gartner Magic Quadrant spotlights contact centre solutio...
- How often do you break your mobile phone?
- Snom wins ‘Best VoIP Device’ at ITSPA awards
- Q. Whatever Happened to BABT?
- NFON hits half a million seats
- Hermes Brings DX to Parcel Delivery with Personal Video Mess...