3Com Corp. shares rose in after-hours trading after The Wall Street Journal reported buyout firms are examining possible takeover offers for the unprofitable maker of computer-networking gear. Buyout firms such as Silver Lake Partners and Boston-based Bain Capital LLC approached 3Com about a purchase, the Journal said on its website. The two firms unsuccessfully sought last year to buy 3Com’s stake in its profitable Chinese joint venture with Huawei Technologies Co.
3Com Shares Rise after Report of Buyout Interest
The following two tabs change content below.
More News Stories...
Most Popular News Stories
- Vodafone arms channel partners with CityFibre ethernet servi...
- Pulsant expands its channel offering
- Zoom launches Zoom Phone Appliances with Poly and Yealink
- Digital Wholesale Solutions appoints non-executive directors
- BT launches new home office offering
- Konftel launches new speakerphone
- Lease Group revamps distributor offering
- Arrow Electronics teams up with Vade
- Tollring demonstrates firm channel commitment with new strat...
- NCC Group snaps up IPM business
- Contrast Security extends DevSecOps platform
- BT Wholesale helps spread hope across the football community
- Microsoft to retire Windows 10 in 2025
- Delphix appoints new senior VP of international operations
- Nimans and NEC Fight Toll Fraud
- New Wi-Fi challenger
- Jim Darragh Takes CEO Spot at TotalMobile
- Netomnia widens its wholesale full fibre services to 14 addi...
- Hermes Brings DX to Parcel Delivery with Personal Video Mess...
- BDR Group announces trio of acquisitions