A new report, sponsored by Avaya, from analyst firm IDC seeks to highlight how enterprises can leverage the benefits of Digital Transformations by the effective use of communications technology.
IDC says today’s business has more options for technology communication channels than ever before. Communications
technology has the opportunity to delight customers and greatly improve employee productivity and should, therefore, be a key element of companies’ digital transformation journeys.
For many companies, the digital transformation of their enterprise communications is just beginning. However, recent research indicates that they are prioritising employee productivity as the main driver of their Digital Transformation initiatives, followed closely by customer experience.
The report, which can be downloaded from the IDC web site, says to make communications a foundation of their digital
transformation and a key driver of their business results, organisations should focus on the following key areas:
- Improve adoption of communications tools among employees
- Embed communications into applications and workflows for improved employee productivity and better customer experience
- Keep the human touch central to customer interactions
- Integrate back-end service delivery into customer communications to maximise satisfaction
- Seek continual improvement of the customer experience, using technology toward this goal wherever it fits into customers’ preferred ways of doing business
You can download the Avaya IDC Report Here