Azlan Technology Solutions, the enterprise business unit of Tech Data, has announced its new senior leadership team for the UK and Ireland. The new line-up includes Ian Jeffs, who will be joining in the new role of Business Unit Director for IBM, HDS and NetApp.
In place with immediate effect, it draws on the inherent strengths of both the Azlan and Technology Solutions management teams. The complete Azlan Technology Solutions management team is as follows:
- Tom Corrigan, Field Sales Director (formerly Avnet)
- Mike Mernagh, Internal Sales and Operations Director (formerly Avnet)
- Linda Patterson, Marketing Director (formerly Avnet)
- Ian Jeffs, Business Unit Director – IBM, HDS and NetApp. (Joining next month having previously worked at Arrow and IBM)
- Simon Bennett, Business Unit Director – Dell/EMC, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Nutanix, Brocade and Avaya (Tech Data)
- Huw Jones, Business Unit Director – Cisco (Tech Data)
- Andrew Stuart, Business Unit Director – HPE (formerly Avnet)
- Peter Spreadbury, Business Unit Director – Enterprise Software and Oracle (Tech Data)
- Andy Brown, Technical Services Director (Tech Data)
- Christian Curtis, Next Generation Director – Next Generation, Security, Cloud, new vendors, IoT, ISVs and Education (formerly Avnet)
- Nik Chalk, Commercial Finance Director. (Joined in March from HPE)
- Sharon Beardmore, HR Director (formerly Avnet)
Rob Tomlin (pictured), Managing Director UK and Ireland of Azlan Technology Solutions, stated: “My congratulations and best wishes to the new UK leadership team. I’m excited by the journey ahead and have no doubt of our ability to set the new standard for value distribution. We have set out to build a fantastic team and I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The talent and calibre of the individuals in the team is second to none. Every one of them brings extensive experience and expertise in their respective fields and, as a team, they will create the vision and strategy to take our business forward into an outstanding leadership position in the enterprise market”
Looking ahead, Tomlin said that, in line with the stated European strategy, Azlan Technology Solutions will operate a ‘best of both worlds’ model that combines the existing vendor-oriented structure of the Azlan business with the specialist business units of Technology Solutions.
“This model will draw on all the capabilities and scale of the combined businesses to deliver vendor focus through dedicated teams, whilst ensuring investment in technologies that will drive future growth for Azlan Technology Solutions and our partners. We’ve shared the model with a number of our strategic vendors and customers and the feedback has been extremely positive. Now we have the structure in place it is about moving forward and delivering growth for our customers, our vendors and the team.”
Jeffs brings more than two decades of experience working in the enterprise market to Azlan Technology Solutions. Following 18 years working in a succession of senior partner management and sales roles at IBM and Lenovo, he joined distributor Arrow in August 2013, where he held the post of Divisional Director for IBM and Data Centre. He will take up his new position at the end of May and be responsible for managing the partnerships and driving growth with these key vendors.
Latest posts by David Dungay (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013