Today at Microsoft’s annual TechEd conference, the company unveiled a new version of Microsoft Office Live Meeting that will deliver on significant investments to improve online meetings, events and training. New capabilities include a redesigned user interface, and a fully integrated multimedia experience that includes video, VoIP, and rich media.
Set to be available in Q3 2007, the new version of Live Meeting will make it easier for organisations of any size to experience the benefits of Web conferencing, whether people are conducting simple ad-hoc collaboration sessions, formal Web-based meetings, advanced on-line training or large communication events.
Live Meeting 2007 enhancements include:
– A redesigned and simplified user interface helps conferencing participants remain focused on core content
– Improved training and event features give presenters the ability to offer handouts, public class and event listings, and advanced testing and grading.
– High fidelity shared and local recording capabilities give organisations the power to archive every aspect of a Live Meeting for playback.
– Live Meeting 2007 brings together multiple communication channels to provide a more engaging user experience.
– Two-way phone or VoIP offers participants a choice for integrating conference audio
Embedded Flash, video and audio files help presenters deliver rich content to conferencing participants
– Live webcam video and 360-degree panoramic video with Microsoft RoundTable offers a more virtual experience, bringing the active speaker to participants
“Live Meeting 2007 is a prime example of Microsoft’s software–plus-services in action,” says Kim Akers, general manager, unified communications group, Microsoft Corp. “It’s important for us to offer our customers choice and flexibility between software that is hosted, such as Live Meeting 2007, or software that is deployed and managed on-premise, such as the conferencing capabilities in Office Communications Server 2007.”
Live Meeting 2007 and the conferencing capabilities in Office Communications Server 2007 are an integral component of Microsoft’s unified communications offering. Both conferencing solutions enable businesses to connect with and engage audiences of all sizes through a reliable enterprise-class collaboration solution and to meet the challenges they face in today’s increasingly dynamic and distributed work environment.