In response to Comms Business Magazine’s reader survey last week which indicated that 56% of readers believed distributors were adding value Richard Carter, Managing Director of distributor Rocom contacted us to outline his new strategy for the channel.
“By coincidence we are launching a series of roadshows in October which will demonstrate how our method of ‘Total Distribution’ (think Johann Cruyff and the Dutch football team of the 1970’s) is unique and most certainly does add value.
In a nutshell, Total Distribution combines:
1) Excellence in Systems Supply
2) Excellence in Peripherals Supply
3) Technical and Sales Training
4) Field Based Engineering support (install and maintain and not just desk tech support)
5) Financial Services
6) Network Services
7) Design and Print Services
8) Joint Marketing Campaigns (subsidised)
9) Sophisticated e-trading solutions
10) Photographic Services
Carter adds, “I think you will find that none of the other distributors can offer all of the above. This is perhaps understandable when you consider that to achieve it we have had to invest in 150 field based engineers, an in-house award winning design agency, a dedicated team of network specialists, a separate finance team for leasing brokerage, our own photographic studio, a training centre, a team of web developers etc.etc.etc.”