Small businesses are finding it increasingly difficult to recruit skilled workers, according to the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC). In a survey of 6,000 companies, the employers’ organisation found that 43 per cent had trouble finding staff with the right skills in 2004, compared with just 29 per cent ten years earlier. The BCC blamed the rise on the UK’s education system, which it claimed was not equipping school leavers “with the right skills for the workplace”.
Skills shortage getting worse
The following two tabs change content below.
More News Stories...
Most Popular News Stories
- Tollring demonstrates firm channel commitment with new strat...
- Zoom launches Zoom Phone Appliances with Poly and Yealink
- BT launches new home office offering
- Arrow Electronics teams up with Vade
- Lease Group revamps distributor offering
- NCC Group snaps up IPM business
- Arrow Electronics launches new managed service
- Konftel launches new speakerphone
- Nimans and NEC Fight Toll Fraud
- Contrast Security extends DevSecOps platform
- Ridgewall Group awards PRD billing contract
- VoIP Unlimited Start their Graduate Recruitment Drive
- NEC launches UNIVERGE BLUE platform in the UK
- SAP unveils new innovations at Sapphire Now conference
- Stephen Taylor joins Venture Corporate Finance
- Virgin Media Business reveals new flexible contracting model
- IntraLAN partners with Zero Networks
- Upcoming webinar: The mobile data opportunity
- Yeastar partners with the Trust Group
- Vodafone announces new organisational structure