Small businesses are finding it increasingly difficult to recruit skilled workers, according to the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC). In a survey of 6,000 companies, the employers’ organisation found that 43 per cent had trouble finding staff with the right skills in 2004, compared with just 29 per cent ten years earlier. The BCC blamed the rise on the UK’s education system, which it claimed was not equipping school leavers “with the right skills for the workplace”.
Skills shortage getting worse
The following two tabs change content below.
More News Stories...
Most Popular News Stories
- Lauren McManus to lead Gamma’s channel marketing
- DWS snaps up Giacom
- BT signs deal with IDNet
- BT Announces New Organisational Structure
- Tango Networks wins 2020 Mobile Breakthrough Award
- Trust Distribution acquires SOS Communications
- Masergy strengthens its SD-WAN secure solution
- AudPro and MyPhones team up
- Atos launches Atos OneCloud
- Kristine Olson-Chapman leaves TalkTalk Business
- BrightCloud launches Microsoft Teams integration for Cisco W...
- 5G to deliver £15bn in UK economic growth
- DJI Enterprise and Syndico form UK partnership
- Microsoft Teams widens SIP phone support
- FluidOne acquires PSU Business Technology Limited
- How often do you break your mobile phone?
- Q. Whatever Happened to BABT?
- Snom wins ‘Best VoIP Device’ at ITSPA awards
- Hermes Brings DX to Parcel Delivery with Personal Video Mess...
- New Gartner Magic Quadrant spotlights contact centre solutio...