Talkmobile is aiming to nearly double its post-pay customer base to one million by April 2014. To accelerate the growth of the UK smartphone market, which currently stands at 58% of the total UK handset ownership, the company will bolster its range of affordable £20-and-under tariffs.
Carphone Warehouse’s exclusive network talkmobile has increased its customer base in the UK, with its post-pay customer numbers growing by over 200% to over half a million in just twelve months. Benefiting from the scale and expertise of Carphone Warehouse, talkmobile has converted a number of these customers from pre-pay to post-pay contracts.
The mobile contract market is experiencing significant growth in the £20 and under category. Driving this growth are consumers searching for better-value mobile deals as saving money remains a priority for UK households.
Research from Ofcom (The Communications Market report, December 2012) shows that 58% of people in the UK own a smartphone leaving 42% of the market still to adopt the latest technology. talkmobile attribute this to the highly-priced monthly tariffs precluding consumers from upgrading.
In response to this, talkmobile will provide several new affordable post-pay tariffs across premium smartphones from June 29th, to help people avoid being left behind in terms of mobile technology.
Aman Bhachu, Managing Director, talkmobile said “As a business, we’re committed to giving customers choice, making high-value smartphones affordable so everyone can benefit from the latest technology – something our customers are asking for. Our new suite of deals will get the latest mobile technology into the hands of our customers without breaking the bank.”
Latest posts by David Dungay (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013