As 2012 draws to a close Juniper Research has drawn up a list of predictions for the coming year, all neatly wrapped up as the top trends for the mobile and wireless industry for 2013. A free report detailing the findings is available to download from the Juniper website today.
Big Data to Become Big Business
While the scale of data generated by mobile sensors, services and applications presents challenges to network providers, that data can in turn provide insight into consumer behaviour and allow service providers to anticipate future behaviour patterns. Hence, 2013 will see not only continuing, dramatic growth in consumer data usage, but a far greater demand for actionable/predictive analytics solutions from players across the mobile value chain, although in some countries adoption may be tempered by concerns about consumer privacy and data protection.
Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2013
Please see below for a full list of the top ten wireless predictions, with each prediction explained in more detail in the free report available to download from here on the Juniper Research website.
1. Big Data to Become Big Business
2. Smart Glasses & Other Wearables: 2013, the year of ‘announcements’
3. BYOD trend on the rise, as security issues escalate
4. Retail to embrace the in-store mobile strategy
5. Operators to adopt seamless WiFi & LTE connectivity
6. Mobile Becomes the Connectivity Hub
7. The Year of Microsoft
8. The multi-screen, seamless user experience becomes a reality
9. New mobile and tablet form factors to emerge
10. Social Gaming is on the Rise