This is an opportunity to join a small, specialist outsourced IT company that started trading in 2001. They offer network design, installation and maintenance services using mainly Microsoft technology. Their clients include businesses and not for profit organisations (especially arts-based charities such as theatres and venues) across the country and overseas. They are looking for an addition to their helpdesk staff to help with the continued expansion their client base.
As a helpdesk support engineer, you will work as part of the helpdesk team to support users and network administrators over the phone and by email, with most issues being resolved using remote access. You will also be involved in project work and may be asked to visit client sites.
Compared to many roles at this level, the work is varied and you will be encouraged to expand both your knowledge and experience as you work alongside our 3rd-level support team.
Although much of the infrastructure is Microsoft Server-based, there will also be occasions to work with Apple products, mobile devices and specialist software.
Typical responsibilities after on the job training as required:
– installing, supporting and maintaining new server hardware and software infrastructure
– assisting with the migration of on-premise systems to the Cloud
– installing, supporting and maintaining a wide range of network equipment, wifi, managed switches and firewalls
– undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security
– managing email, anti-spam and virus protection
– setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
– analysing and resolving a range of faults, from system failures to forgotten passwords
You will have a sound understanding of network PC/server infrastructure. Ideally you will have first-hand experience of some or all of the following:
– Windows Server
– Office365 support
– PC Support
– Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy
– Firewalls and routers
– VPN, RDP and remote access.
You will enjoy providing outstanding customer service by phone, be comfortable talking to a wide range of users and you will have some experience of working in a similar customer-facing or other customer service role
– Excellent opportunities for working with a diverse range of technology, increasing your skillset and developing your Microsoft certifications
– Invaluable experience for moving upwards in your career path.
– Good exposure to the latest systems and migration to Cloud services.
– Small, friendly working environment.
Latest posts by David Dungay (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013