NEC told its operator partners last month that it would see out existing supply contracts, but that it would not supply new devices or sign new business until it had reviewed its position.
Around 20 redundancies are expected. NEC has said that it is pulling out because of high competition in Europe and the production costs of manufacturing phones in Japan. It will re-evaluate the European market and the needs of the network operators over the next year.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013
- Imago Adds Single Chip DLP Projectors to Barco Deal - June 13, 2013