The dulcet tones of the infamous Jack Sparrow will signal the first mobile download content in the partnership between O2 and Disney, bringing Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest to life for O2 customers only in the UK.
Before the blockbuster film’s UK premier on the 3 July 2006, O2 subscribers will have exclusive access to a range of content through its entertainment portal: O2 Active, which will include:
- Imagery and video clips featuring the film’s stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly.
- Ringtones from the film’s soundtrack from cannibal drums through to pirate phrases directly from Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner themselves.
- Games that will allow the phone user to step into Jack Sparrow’s waterlogged boots and swashbuckle as much as they like!
Grahame Riddell, O2 UK told Mobile Business Magazine, “Having partnerships with entertainment companies like Disney gives us access to areas that will really excite our customers. As well as exclusive mobile video and stills from the much anticipated film, O2 customers will be able to personalise their handsets with images and sounds from three of the most popular stars in the world today.”
Alongside the exclusive mobile content, existing O2 customers can win the ‘money can’t buy’ chance, via the O2 Active portal, to be part of the cast press conference on the 4th July and in conjunction with handset partner Samsung the public will have to the chance to live a pirates life, with over 300 runner-up prizes and the chance to win a holiday to the Caribbean. Entries open for the competition from 30th June when buying or upgrading to any Samsung handset at O2 stores throughout the country or by visiting o2.co.uk
Latest posts by (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013