Carbon Black has joined forces with VMware to provide VMware AppDefense customers with the ability to leverage Carbon Black’s Collective Defense CloudTM (CDC).
AppDefense is a new security solution that uses the virtual infrastructure to discover capture application intended state, and can detect and automate response to attacks that attempt to manipulate those applications. VMware AppDefense will leverage Carbon Black’s Collective Defense Cloud (CDC) to classify process reputation, helping security teams determine which behaviours require additional verification and which behaviours can be pre-approved.
Through the combination of Carbon Black’s Collective Defense Cloud and VMware AppDefense, mutual customers benefit from:
• Strong behavioural controls to protect against attacks of virtual and cloud environments
• Orchestrated and automated remediation capabilities through VMware vSphere and NSX
• Converged security and operational context through a single pane of glass
“Protecting virtual environments is a top priority for enterprises,” said Tom Barsi, senior vice president, Business and Corporate Development, Carbon Black. “With Carbon Black’s Collective Defense Cloud, mutual customers now have a unified security stack for the software-defined data centre.”
“With AppDefense, VMware is redefining security for the software-defined data centere,” said Tom Corn, senior vice president, Security Products, VMware. “By working with Carbon Black, we are moving the industry toward a new security model and empowering customers to protect their virtualised environments from the latest advanced threats.”
Latest posts by David Dungay (see all)
- Avaya considering $5 billion buy out - March 27, 2019
- Mitel Appoints Graham Bevington as EVP and Chief Sales Officer - April 10, 2015
- Exertis is the New Name for Micro-P - October 24, 2013