It is now a criminal offence to immobilise, block in, or tow away a vehicle left on your business premises and then charge a fee for its release, unless you hold a valid licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA). The new rules came into affect on Monday, February 28, and failure to comply could lead to a hefty fine or a prison sentence. To apply for a licence or obtain a register of licensed firms, contact the SIA on 08702 430100
Clamp down on parking penalties
The following two tabs change content below.
More News Stories...
Most Popular News Stories
- Sky Connect launches FTTP service
- Virgin Media O2 tackles vandalised cabinets
- Gradwell Communications launches next-generation partner pro...
- Jisc and Neos Networks partner on Northwest England dark fib...
- FullFibre prepares to go live in Staffordshire town
- eacs and Evolving Networks link up
- McAfee Enterprise and FireEye launch Trellix
- Datto acquires Infocyte
- Abzorb partners with Qubiti
- Carbonite and Webroot sign distribution agreement with Exert...
- Wildix grows UK revenue by 91 per cent in 2021
- Openreach adds 98 exchanges to ‘stop sell’ programme
- Digital Space appointed as BT Wholesale Elite Partner
- Maintel and Agilitas form strategic alliance
- FluidOne acquires SAS Global Communications
- Pulsant acquires Manchester data centre from M247
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services reveals leadership changes
- New government initiative to promote free flow of data
- Swish Fibre snaps up People’s Fibre
- Highlight simplifies service assurance platform with new gri...