HP announced the HP FlexNetwork Utility Advantage Program enabling communication service providers (CSPs) to offer managed network solutions on a pay-per-use basis, creating new revenue opportunities without capital investment.
Enterprises spend more than 70 percent of their IT budget keeping the lights on, leaving less than 30 percent for innovation. However, they need to invest in network upgrades that support initiatives like cloud, mobility, bring your own device (BYOD) and rich media, which drive innovation and business growth.
The HP FlexNetwork Utility Advantage Program enables CSPs, in collaboration with HP, to help enterprise customers modernize their network with standard, pre-packaged networking solutions, including hardware and software, with no upfront cost. Customers then contract with the CSP for the managed network offerings they need to support initiatives that speed innovation on a pay-per-use basis.
“Our customers want to focus on running their business rather than operating networks for employee access to applications like voice and videoconferencing,” said Oliver Spring, head of Product Line Management, Swisscom. “With HP’s FlexNetwork Utility Advantage Program, we can close the gap in our managed service offerings to deliver a networking infrastructure that allows our customers to move beyond operations to innovation.”